Ludhiana: In was an explosion in the compressor of the refrigerator kept at a grocery store here, an elderly shopkeeper died today.
The deceased has been identified as Mahendrapal (62). According to the information, the incident took place in Kailash Nagar Road Basti Jodhewal Waraich Market, where the compressor of the fridge exploded.
After this, the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the wires. Fire ablaze engulfed the shop. Seeing smoke coming out of the shop, people gathered in the vicinity, who tried to control the fire.