Chandigarh: Union Minister of State for Railways Ravneet Singh Bittu on Tuesday said he will file a complaint against Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, seeking a probe into why she allegedly asked him to visit protesting farmers during the agitation when he was with the Congress.
Bittu claimed that he was specifically sent to meet farmers during the protest, where he was allegedly attacked. He said that while he had no doubts about Priyanka Gandhi’s intent at the time, he now wants an investigation to determine whether there was any larger conspiracy, as “anything could have happened” during the tense period.
The minister recalled that he and MLA Kulbir Zira had narrowly escaped harm during the incident. He alleged that there could have been an attempt to create a major controversy by putting him in harm’s way.
Responding to remarks by Rahul Gandhi, who had reportedly called him a “traitor”, Bittu said such language does not befit the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha. He questioned whether other leaders and MPs in Congress who had switched parties would also be termed traitors by that logic.
Vande Bharat sleeper between Delhi and Amritsar
Separately, Bittu announced that a special Vande Bharat Express sleeper train will be launched between Delhi and Amritsar via Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Chandigarh from next winter. He said the service had been a long-pending demand of people in the region.
He also informed that land has been identified at Ladowal on the outskirts of Ludhiana for setting up a loco shed.
Bittu was speaking in Doraha, where he laid the foundation stone of a railway overbridge (ROB) connecting Doraha and Neelon. The project had remained stalled for a long time due to administrative reasons. Once completed, the bridge is expected to ease connectivity between Chandigarh and parts of the Malwa region.


















































