Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) on Saturday increased prices of compressed natural gas (CNG) with effect from today. CNG now costs Rs 79.56 per kg in Delhi, Rs 82.12 per kg in Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, and Rs.87.89 per kg in Gurugram.
CNG Prices City-Wise:
- CNG price in Delhi is Rs 79.56 per kg
- CNG price in Noida, Greater Noida, and Ghaziabad is Rs 82.12 per kg.
- CNG price in Gurugram is Rs 87.89 per kg.
- CNG price in Rewari is Rs 89.57 per kg.
- CNG price in Karnal and Kaithal is Rs 88.22 per kg.
- CNG price in Muzzaffarnagar, Shamli, and parts of Meerut is Rs 86.79 per kg.
- CNG price in Ajmer, Pali, and Rajasamand is Rs 89.83 per kg.
- CNG retail price in Kanpur, Fatehpur, and Hamirpur remains unchanged.
The price hike of natural gas will impact the cost of cab services. Those who travel by auto every day will also have to shell out more.
In October, the CNG price in Delhi increased from Rs 75.61 to Rs 78.61. In Noida, Greater Noida, and Ghaziabad, the CNG price was revised from Rs 78.17 to Rs 81.17. The rates were revised ahead of Diwali.
Since April 2021, CNG prices have increased by Rs 36.16 per kg which is about 80 per cent.
Gas prices are revised twice annually — from April 1 to September 30 and from October 1 to March 31.