New Delhi: The CJP has alleged that the Centre has failed to take concrete steps to fulfil the assurances given to the organisation, and has warned that it may restart its nationwide movement.
The organisation has called a meeting of its National Executive Committee on Monday, where members will review the status of commitments made by the central government after the nationwide agitation was withdrawn.
According to the CJP, the government has so far not formally informed the organisation about the steps being taken to implement the assurances. It said all available options would be considered to ensure that the accepted demands are implemented, including the possibility of restarting a peaceful nationwide protest.
The organisation said it had withdrawn its agitation in good faith after the government made commitments to the country’s youth, but added that this should not be interpreted as a sign of weakness. It has urged students, young people, supporters and social workers to remain prepared for the decisions that emerge from Monday’s meeting.
Supreme Court proceedings also cited
The announcement comes days after the Supreme Court, on August 18, sought a consolidated list of FIRs registered against students and protesters across the country.
The CJP claimed that the Supreme Court had sought the list on three occasions so that it could consider using its powers under Article 142 to examine the possibility of quashing the cases.
The organisation alleged that despite the court’s repeated requests, the Centre had not committed to providing the complete list.
The outcome of Monday’s National Executive Committee meeting is expected to determine the organisation’s next course of action.



